Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harry Potter + George Strait = Great Week

Thursday afternoon we went to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It was a good movie. I thought they could have made it sadder than they did because I did not even cry at the end. Also, they stuck with the plot pretty well except for one scene that made no sense at all. Anyway, then on Friday was the GEORGE STRAIT CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!! We left for the concert at around six or so, the concert did not start until 7:30 so we thought we would be fine. We stopped and got food on the way. Then we ran into a bit of traffic. Once turning onto the road that the amphitheatre was on it took us hour. Then it took us a half hour to get parked and walk into the amphitbeatre. We missed the first act completely. We did get to hear about three songs of Blake Shelton and "saw" his last song from a distance. We got to our seats at little before nine just before George was about to perform. I was sad that we did not get to see the others but let's be honest, we were there for George. This is how excited we were right before George was about to perform despite the traffic situation.



I was more excited than Logan, but he looks more excited because of my Botox.
This is after one of George's first songs, I wish our seats were as close as my camera could get.


This is really how close our seats were, but really we had good seats. There were tons more people behind us that probably could not even see George but could only see the big screens.



Because the traffic was so bad, on the way in I called my mom to have her get us a different way home. She came through for us and we got home much faster but that only came after we had to endure the thirty five minutes or so trying to get out of the parking lot.


Really that place is one of the worst designed places for traffic ever. With only one main road in and with the parking as horrible as it was. At least the concert was really good because George is the King of Country.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

wow. Logan looks thrilled.
I was putting mp3's on my thingy and some of them were Mr. GStrait. Thought of you. Miss you. Come see me again soon?

Thayerclan said...

I love George! Can't wait to see Harry Potter too!!